Tablet Coating Operator
Tablet Coating Operator – New Brunswick NJ
The Coating Operator should have the ability to set up a coating pan to achieve optimum film coating efficiencies. Thorough understanding of the causes and prevention of twinning, orange peel, film peel, blistering, edge erosion, and over wetting. Knowledgeable in the relationship between spray rate, solution rate, atomizing pressure, pan temperature, pan pressure, and gun to bed distance. Able to trouble-shoot coating pans for mechanical problems and material issues.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manufacture Production batches according to Batch Records, SOP’s, and cGMP guidelines to ensure product specifications and tolerances are met.
• Capable of running the following pieces of equipment/activity as well as train on new equipment:
• Accela Coater – 48” & 60”
• Coating medium/solution preparation
• Train new employees.
• Immediately inform Supervisor upon O.O.S. results or other deviation.
• Assist in the revision and creation of department SOP’s.
• Ability to troubleshoot the equipment & its accessories.
• Ensure work is performed on time, correctly and in compliance with relevant SOP’s.
• Fill in appropriate logbooks for equipment and rooms.
• Perform all related materials handling pertaining to the products being coated.
• Correctly document all steps on batch record.
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Assist in the investigation of batch record deviations.
• Maintain proper gowning and hygiene to ensure integrity of the product as per cGMP’s and company policies.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• 3+ years Coating Operator experience
• Minimum of one (1) year work experience in nutritionals, supplements, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Require a high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years previous experience required
• A clear understanding of the mechanical operation of all types of coating equipment & related accessories is required
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to read and write in English
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds.
• Uses hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls; lifting to waist height and/or above shoulder height, frequent bending from waist, or squatting, walking short distances.
• Occasionally works from a rolling ladder or step stool.
• Must be able wear all PPE including labcoat, face mask, booties, gloves, safety glasses.
Work Environment (Office, Warehouse, temperature extremes, etc.):
• Work is regularly performed inside a manufacturing environment where temperatures can be moderate; exposure to dust, odors, noise and fumes. The noise level is usually moderate.
New Brunswick , New Jersey
$16 - 21