|Job Title||Material Handler|
|Days of week||Mon-Fri|
|Hours||7:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Type of role||temp to hire|
|other requirement||Heavy Lifting|
The Material Handler will be responsible for receiving, un-packing/packing material, palletizing, count verification audits and data entry. Duties include pulling material to production area(s) for scheduled jobs and maintaining accurate records on material movements. This role delivers directly to the work centers and will utilize both a fork truck and pallet jack.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Transports various material including fabricated and vendor parts, scrap, finished goods, etc.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials, parts and supplies as listed on production orders/pick sheets.
- Complies with proper PPE guidelines. Follows rules for safe operation of fork truck, hand truck or carts with regard to pedestrian traffic, factory property and material being transported or handled.
- Performs necessary transactions in ERP system to maintain accurate quantity-by-location inventory control.
- Locates and packs materials for shipping.
- Assist in fabricating crates, packing sets and pallets as needed.
- Stretch wrap palletized products using stretch wrapping machine, banding/strapping machine and load finished goods into crates as needed.
- Ensures proper labeling of incoming/outgoing products
- Performs safety and maintenance checklists on equipment.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and training.
- Maintain clean and orderly Shipping & Receiving Areas, Warehouse and Docks; including sweeping and emptying refuse bins.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- Solid work history and attendance record, including related material handling experience.
- Ability to work overtime when production demand requires it.
- Ability to read and interpret production schedule, inventory reports, packing lists and check-in incoming material and sign for same.
- Must demonstrate a good attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment related to safety, quality, cost and delivery of parts, processes and product.
- Learns and adheres to workplace safety regulations.
- Basic math, computer and keyboarding skills to work within the ERP system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to move around and be still; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee will occasionally lift average of 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and Factory Floor working environment.
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor.
- Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
Rutherford, New Jersey