Injection Molding Technician
Injection Molding Technician – Piscataway NJ
Injection Molding technicians are responsible for ensuring that all jobs are set up properly and obtain and maintain optimum production efficiency.
• Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure that Company’s regulations are met.
• Maintain required quality and quantity of production and ensure that process is running within cycle.
• Start up and shut down machines as required.
• Ensure proper set up procedures are being followed and verify completion of set up to manufacturing.
• Set-up and change-over of injection molds for production. Immediately communicate any press, mold, or quality issues to appropriate departments.
• Troubleshoot the molding process and record all process changes.
• Recommend improvements in equipment, layout, production methods, material handling, and documentation.
• Routine daily maintenance of work area to ensure that it is neat, clean, and organized to the approval of your immediate supervisor.
• Good processing skills of all types of plastic materials and plastic injection molding.
• Good understanding of the hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems that make molds operate.
• Experience in mold setting, including water lines, robots, and dryers.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written in English
• Excellent time management skills
• Engineering skills preferred.
• HS diploma, GED or equivalent; Associates Degree in Plastic Engineering preferred
• 2+ years plastics injection molding experience
• Frequent lifting to 50 pounds
• Able to lift 25 lbs. to a height of 6 feet.
• Long periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, and turning.
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Pay: $20-$30/hr depending on the level of experience
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• NJ Sick
• 8 hour shift 7am-3:30pm
• Monday to Friday
Piscataway, New Jersey