Facilities maintenance technician 1st shift, 7am-3pm Mon-Fri South Plainfield NJ $24-$25/hr, (may be willing to go to $26 for a rockstar candidate). Must be able to speak english to communicate effectively with rest of team.
The essential functions of the position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies and corrects building and equipment problems by performing carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and HVAC work to maintain buildings and equipment in safe condition, prevent degradation of Plant property and systems, and prevent failures that would cause reduction in service using hand, power and specialty tools.
- Repairs, modifies, constructs, fabricates, installs and maintains building structures and equipment, (e.g., roofs, floors, walls, ceilings, foundations, generators, HVAC equipment, compressors, plumbing fixtures and systems etc.) to provide safe conditions for employees, using various hand and power tools (e.g., roto rooter, snakes, welders, oxygen/acetylene torches, volt/ohm meters, ladders, etc.).
- Replaces or updates inoperable or old building materials and appliances (e.g., motors, belts, pumps, window glass, sinks, sewage pumps, doors, smoke alarms, cabinets, shelves, tile, light fixtures, filter systems, patios etc.) to provide a safe, comfortable working environment for employees using various tools and materials (e.g., welding equipment, ladders, power saws, hammers, drills, etc.).
- Inspects facilities, equipment (e.g., fire safety, generators, compressors, etc.); systems (e.g., electrical, plumbing, power sources, etc.); and work of vendors to determine condition of facilities, safe operation of equipment, quality and safety of work, and scheduled maintenance using hand, power and specialty tools.
- At least 5yrs experience as a facility Maintenance Technician or mechanic.
- Technical schooling strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Electrical Systems.
- Computer literate i.e., Microsoft Office.
- Ability to operate shop equipment, Drill Press, Band Saw, Bench Grinder
- Assist with all reactive/repair maintenance.
- Ability to read Blueprints, Drawings, and Schematics.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, minimal supervision – self-motivated, job knowledge, productivity conscious.
To Apply: Interested candidates for the Facilities Maintenance Technician position should apply online or call\Text our office at 732-200-1506. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and selected candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and employment is “at will”. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.