|Job Title||Electrical Mechanic|
|Days of week||Mon-Fri|
|Hours||7:00 am – 3:30 pm|
|Hourly Payrate||$20/h – $30/h|
|Type of role||temp to hire|
- Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures, and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and other components so that they remain at full functioning capacity.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Ability to communicate and work with equipment manufacturer’s technical departments and outside service providers to repair, upgrade and maintain equipment
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- Work as a team member or alone to complete projects.
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes.
- Make decisions based on technical documents.
- Perform quality testing and inspections.
- Associates Degree in a related field (Not required, but a plus)
- 3-5 years experience in electrical maintenance or associated work
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Relevant electrician certifications
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Familiar with the National Electrical Code
- Experience with injection molding equipment preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
Piscataway, New Jersey
$20 to $30 an hour based on experience